Construction Career Awareness Sessions
The South Dakota Department of Transportation has been selected as a pilot state for the Highway Construction Workforce Project. We are here to recruit and educate hard working, reliable people for construction careers that are available in the state. The Highway Construction Awareness course will give some insight into what these jobs have to offer and can connect you with contractors looking for potential On-the-Job trainees. Please see below for session dates and locations.
This course introduces individuals to potential career opportunities in the highway construction industry. The high-demand for workers has opened program opportunities focused on short-term training leading to long-term employment. You will be introduced to an industry that enables individuals to apply their skills to a wide-range of career opportunities with minimal education and above average income. This is a 4-hour course. Participants will be required to complete all modules. Links to additional resources will be available at the end of this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will:
- Learn about career pathways, training programs, and high-demand job needs
- Understand job safety in the highway construction industry
- Explore what is effective communication and why it is vital to project success
- Interpret basic expectations and requirements of employability in the industry
- Identify and value the diverse experiences, perspectives, and beliefs of people in the highway construction industry
DATES AND LOCATIONS
If you have any questions regarding the training session dates and locations, please contact Project Solutions, Inc. directly at (605) 737-0377 or SDRoads2Jobs@projectsolutionsinc.com.
Our sessions for 2020 are now available! Click below to register for an upcoming session:
- Rapid City | February 7, 2020 | Register here.
- Mission | February 20, 2020 | Register here.
- Winner | February 21, 2020 | Register here.
- Sioux Falls | February 25, 2020 | Register here.
- Brookings | February 26, 2020 | Register here.
- Sisseton | February 27, 2020 | Register here.
Follow us on Facebook for the most up to date information and success stories from class participants.