South Dakota DBE Program
As federally mandated, a portion of contracts on highway projects awarded through the United States Department of Transportation (US DOT) must be apportioned to firms designated as Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, or DBEs. In South Dakota, the US DOT manages the DBE Program in order to ensure non-discrimination in the award and administration of US DOT contracts, create a level playing field where DBE firms can compete fairly, and ultimately assist in the development of firms which can successfully compete outside of the DBE Program.
Since 2000, Project Solutions, Inc. has been the provider of support services for the South Dakota DBE program. Our services include:
- Assisting firms with the application process
- Providing orientation on the SD DOT contract bidding process
- Assisting with estimating costs and providing quotes
- Providing a bi-monthly newsletter containing upcoming bid information
- Providing seminars, workshops, and meet-and-greet opportunities with local prime contractors