The Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) initiated a design-build project through the GSA to build-out approximately 15,500 square feet of space located on the second floor of the Fargo Federal Building to accommodate a new MEPS. The project required renovating and repairing the interior space of the second, third, and fourth floors of the building, including asbestos abatement, demolition, and new construction. The project also required the design package to include architectural, abatement, mechanical, electrical, fire protection systems, and special systems drawings and specifications.
PSI is providing construction management services for the project. Responsibilities include:
- All design, construction drawings, stamped A/E drawings, permits, inspections, materials, demolition, disposal, assembly, installation, replacement or relocation, and supervision to complete project
- Obtaining all necessary local, state, and federal permits and licenses with payment of related fees
- Knowledge of and compliance with codes and standards
- Attending weekly meetings with GSA, general contractor, and subcontractors
- Providing progress reports and reviewing/updating project schedules
- Conducting final inspection and prepare list of items to be completed or corrected prior to project completion